I am an experienced trombone and piano teacher from beginners to advanced, with a track record of successful exam results and music conservatoire places for my students.
My teaching is student-centred. I have a flexible approach, in terms of pace and method, which works well for students with a broad range of abilities.
I am available for individual lessons via Zoom. Please complete the form below to express an interest.
I am a senior lecturer at Leeds College of Music teaching a range of age groups from children to degree students.
“Your ensemble group has helped “A” through a very challenging few years, the last two especially, and we don’t have words to thank you enough.” Linda (parent)
I am also an experienced workshop presenter for all age groups and abilities, specialising in Latin music. Here is some feedback from students at Leeds College of Music:
1) “The Latin ensemble sessions I received made me realise how much I missed playing music for the sheer enjoyment of it and my enthusiasm for learning also intensified with this.”
2) “The sessions were engaging, enjoyable and exciting; I learned so much about Cuban and Latin American music and discovered a new love for this style.”
3) “The knowledge I have gained in this project spans far into the jazz degree and my own playing greatly. ”
4) “Whilst having the students positioned in a circle it enabled Jonny to communicate in a less traditional fashion. It felt as if he was one of the students. I was able to express and challenge myself in a safe environment, whilst illustrating appropriate stylistic creativity.”
5) “I acquired new knowledge and skills from this project as the topics covered addressed many issues in everyday musical practice.”